PSC submitted a nomination to the HPCWire Reader's Choice Awards for our work with long time-scale simulations of the HIV Gag protein.
These annual awards are a way for our community to recognize the best and brightest innovators within the global HPC community.
We were nominated in the Best HPC Collaboration (Academia/Government/Industry) by the Pittsburgh Super Computing center.
Work performed by Juan R. Perilla, has previously won the 2013 HPCWire Reader's award for Best Use of HPC Application in Life Sciences.
The 2018 Categories Include the Following:
* Best Use of HPC Application in Life Sciences
* Best Use of HPC in Physical Sciences
* Best Use of HPC in Manufacturing
* Best Use of HPC in Energy
* Best Use of HPC in Automotive
* Best Use of HPC in Entertainment
* Best Use of HPC in Financial Services
* Best Use of High Performance Data Analytics
* Best Use of AI (Deep Learning/Machine Learning)
* Best Use of HPC in the Cloud (Use Case)
* Best Cloud Platform for HPC
* Best HPC Server Product or Technology
* Best HPC Visualization Product or Technology
* Best HPC Interconnect Product or Technology
* Best HPC Programming Tool or Technology
* Best HPC Cluster Solution or Technology
* Best AI Product or Technology
* Top 5 New Products or Technologies to Watch
* Best HPC Collaboration (Academia/Government/Industry)
* Top Supercomputing Achievement
* Top HPC-Enabled Scientific Achievement
* Top Energy-Efficient HPC Achievement
* Top 5 Vendors to Watch
* Workforce Diversity Leadership Award
* Outstanding Leadership in HPC (Individual)
Nominations are accepted from readers, users, vendors – virtually anyone who is connected to the HPC community and is a reader of HPCwire.